Çankaya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences is a refereed academic journal that publishes original scientific articles and research notes that meet the standards for a given discipline and the principles of COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines. All manuscripts sent for publication should meet academic writing conventions and publication ethics. Scientific and ethical rules must be adhered to in the design, preparation, production stages of the manuscript and in the analyses of data and use of materials. Manuscripts submitted to CUJHSS should not be previously published or under review elsewhere. Submissions should be the original work of their authors and should contribute to the literature. All submissions are subjected to originality check on iThenticate program.
The Journal publishes interdisciplinary works at the intersection of literary studies, comparative literature, cultural studies and theory, translation studies, linguistics, foreign language education and translator education that fall within the scope of the Journal, which aims to facilitate a more expanded and participatory academic discussion on the theoretical and/or applied scholarly work under its scope, and to inform scholars and public about recent developments in these fields.
- The Journal accepts manuscript submissions in English. Articles submitted to the journal must be original work and should be between 5500-8000 words in length (Word doc.)
- All articles should have English (and Turkish) abstracts. Abstracts should be about 150 words, not exceeding 200 words
- No less than five keywords should be listed
- For all references to quotations from and for the ideas and concepts taken from other sources, proper citation conventions specified in the Journal guidelines (APA Style 7th Edition) should be used. https://apastyle.apa.org/instructional-aids/reference-guide.pdf
- No publication fee is charged at any stage
- Manuscripts that do not adhere to publication ethics and/or citation conventions or display any form of plagiarism are rejected
- The content and language of manuscripts and any legal liabilities are under the sole responsibility of their authors. The author(s) warrant that the Article is original and has not been submitted to any other journal to be published or has not been published before, and that the Article is not in violation of any right of privacy, common law, statutory copyright, or other personal or property rights. Sources that contribute to an understanding of the research findings should be cited properly and there is no conflict of interest to disclose
- The editors, readers, reviewers, and manuscript authors are to adhere to ethical standards, rules and regulations and take any reasonable steps to prevent their violations. Statements of fact and opinion in the articles submitted to CUJHSS are those of the respective authors and contributors and not of the Editors of the Çankaya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. No royalties are paid to authors, and they cannot withdraw their submissions. If authors use any material (photograph, drawing, etc.) from other sources under copyright, they are responsible for getting the copyrights for these