Articles must be original work written in English and should be between 5,500-8,500 words in length. The main text should be single-spaced and must adhere to the rules of the MLA style. Please refer to https://style.mla.org/works-cited-a-quick-guide.
All articles should have abstracts in English and Turkish not exceeding 200 words. No less than three, no more than five keywords should be listed.
The articles should take into account the recommendations of the International Standards for Editors and Authors of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) and comply with Research and Publication Ethics. An ethics committee approval must be obtained for research conducted in all disciplines including social sciences and for clinical and experimental studies on humans and animals, requiring ethical committee decision. In studies requiring ethical committee permission, information about the permission (board name, date and issue number) should be included in the cover letter.
Articles published in CUJHSS are distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License: CC BY-NC-ND https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode.
• Çankaya University Journal of Humanities and Social (CUJHSS, ISSN: 1309-6761) is an open-access, double-blind peer reviewed international journal and publishes original scholarly articles, review articles, research notes, and book reviews. CUJHSS is published biannually in June and December. • Submissions should be the original work of their authors and should contribute to the literature.
• Manuscripts submitted to CUJHSS should not be previously published or under review elsewhere. All submissions are subjected to originality check on iThenticate program (should be below 20%).
• CUJHSS accepts manuscript submissions in English. No publication fee is charged at any stage.
• For all references to quotations from and for the ideas and concepts taken from other sources, proper citation conventions specified in the Journal guidelines (MLA Style) should be used.
• All manuscripts sent for publication should meet academic writing conventions and publication ethics. The content and language of manuscripts and any legal liabilities are under the sole responsibility of their authors. Statements of fact and opinion in the articles submitted to CUJHSS are those of the respective authors and contributors and not of the Editors of Çankaya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. No royalties are paid to authors, and they cannot withdraw their submissions. If authors use any material (photograph, drawing, etc.) from other sources under copyright, they are responsible for getting the copyrights for these.
• Manuscripts published in CUJHSS cannot be published elsewhere without the approval of the Editorial Board or any part/parts of them cannot be reproduced without proper referencing. The copyright of manuscripts belongs to CUJHSS. It is obligatory to fill in and send the copyright form to the journal. Articles published in CUJHSS are distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License: CC BY-NC-ND https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode.
• CUJHSS commits to the internationally accepted principles of publication ethics expressed in the recommendations of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) https://publicationethics.org.
• Scientific and ethical rules must be adhered to in the design, preparation, production stages of the manuscript and in the analyses of data and use of materials. The editors, readers, reviewers, and manuscript authors are to adhere to ethical standards, rules and regulations and take any reasonable steps to prevent their violations. Manuscripts that do not adhere to publication ethics and/or citation conventions or display any form of plagiarism are rejected (similarity above 20%).• If the study requires research on animals, clinical studies on humans and/or human subjects, data collection from the participants by using survey, interview, focus group work, observation, experiment, interview techniques, etc. the authors are required to obtain institutional ethics committee approval. Authors should provide a clear statement explaining that necessary consent has been obtained from human subjects and that the rights of participants are respected.
Peer-review evaluation system
• All submissions are examined first by the Editor-in-Chief and Field Editors, who send the anonymous manuscripts to referees for their evaluation of format and content. If the referees ask for revisions in the manuscript, the manuscript is sent back to its author. The author is responsible for the timely completion of revisions and sending the revised manuscript to CUJHSS. When necessary, the revised manuscript is re-evaluated by the referees. In the process of article acceptance, if the opinions of the two reviewers differ, a decision should be reached by consulting the editor or a third reviewer. Reviewers, readers, and authors who submit manuscripts should comply with the evaluation and review procedures set out by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Referees are entitled to evaluate the manuscript in a detailed and fair manner, and are expected to comply with scientific publication conventions and be objective in their decision. Referees should reject the invitation and inform the Editorial Board in cases which might risk the objectivity of their evaluation such as conflict of interests, prejudice or beliefs that might affect the objectivity of their decision, or if they think the scope of the work does not fall within their area of expertise. Confidentiality is crucial; and referees should pay utmost importance to this in review, revision and publication procedures.
• The publication of any submitted manuscript is at the discretion of the Editorial Board. The Editor(s) make the final decision to accept or reject the manuscript. The whole publication process is bounded by the provisions set out by the Committee on Publication Ethics (https://publicationethics.org/resources/guidelines-new/cope-ethical-guidelines-peer-reviewers) along with “Üniversitelerarası Kurul Bilimsel Araştırma ve Yayın Etiği Yönergesi” (Interuniversity Board Directive on Scientific Research and Publication Ethics in Turkish).
• Refer to the CUJHSS official website at cujhss.cankaya.edu.tr/publishing-policies-and-ethical-rules.