Publishing Policies and Ethical Rules
• Çankaya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences (CUJHSS, ISSN: 1309-6761) is an open access, double-blind peer reviewed international journal and publishes original scholarly articles, review articles, research notes, and book reviews. The Journal publishes interdisciplinary works at the intersection of literary studies and theory, comparative literature, cultural studies, language and linguistics, translation studies, foreign language education, translator education that fall within the scope of the Journal. It is published biannually and accepts manuscript submissions in English. No publication fee is charged at any stage. Articles published in the Journal are distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License: CC BY-NC-ND.
• Çankaya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences commits to the internationally accepted principles of publication ethics expressed in the recommendations of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE; https://publicationethics.org). The whole publication process is bounded by the provisions set out by the Committee on Publication Ethics along with the Interuniversity Board Scientific Research and Publication Ethics Directive. Reviewers, readers, and authors who submit manuscripts should comply with the evaluation and review procedures set out by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). All manuscripts sent for publication should meet academic writing conventions and publication ethics. Scientific and ethical rules must be adhered to in the design, preparation, production stages of the manuscript and in the analyses of data and use of materials. For all references to quotations from and for the ideas and concepts taken from other sources, proper citation conventions specified in the Journal guidelines should be used. If the study requires research on animals, clinical studies on humans and/or human subjects, data collection from the participants by using survey, interview, focus group work, observation, experiment, interview techniques, etc. the authors are required to obtain institutional ethics committee approval. Authors should provide a clear statement explaining that necessary consent has been obtained from human subjects and that the rights of participants are respected.
• Manuscripts submitted to the Journal should not be previously published or under review elsewhere. Submissions should be the original work of their authors and should contribute to the literature. The content and language of manuscripts and any legal liabilities are under the sole responsibility of their authors. The author(s) warrant that the Article is original and has not been submitted to any other journal to be published or has not been published before, and that the Article is not in violation of any right of privacy, common law, statutory copyright, or other personal or property rights. Sources that contribute to an understanding of the research findings should be cited properly and there is no conflict of interest to disclose. Manuscripts that do not adhere to publication ethics and/or citation conventions or display any form of plagiarism are rejected (similarity above 30%). The author(s) accept that the Article is distributed under the terms and conditions of the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.
• All submissions are examined first by the Editorial Board, and the anonymous manuscripts which meet the standards for a given discipline and the principles of COPE Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines are sent to referees for their evaluation of format and content. If the referees ask for revisions in the manuscript, the manuscript is sent back to its author. The author is responsible for the timely completion of revisions and sending the revised manuscript to the Journal. When necessary, the revised manuscript is re-evaluated by the referees.
• The editors, readers, reviewers, and manuscript authors are to adhere to ethical standards, rules and regulations and take any reasonable steps to prevent their violations. Referees and editors are entitled to evaluate the manuscript in a detailed and fair manner, and are expected to comply with scientific publication conventions and be objective in their decision. Referees should reject the invitation and inform the Editorial Board in cases which might risk the objectivity of their evaluation such as conflict of interests, prejudice or beliefs that might affect the objectivity of their decision, or if they think the scope of the work does not fall within their area of expertise. Confidentiality is crucial; and referees should pay utmost importance to this in review, revision and publication procedures. The publication of any submitted manuscript is at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
• Statements of fact and opinion in the articles submitted are those of the respective authors and not of the Editors of Çankaya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. No royalties are paid to authors, and they cannot withdraw their submissions. If authors use any material (photograph, drawing, etc.) from other sources under copyright, they are responsible for getting the copyrights.