Articles must be original work written in English and should be between 6,000-8,000 words in length. The main text should be single-spaced and must adhere to the rules of the MLA style. Please refer to https://style.mla.org/works-cited-a-quick-guide. All articles should have English (and Turkish) abstracts not exceeding 200 words. No less than three, no more than five keywords should be listed.
Publishing Policies and Ethical Rules
• Çankaya University Journal of Humanities and Social is open access, double-blind peer reviewed international journal, and publishes original scholarly works such as articles, review articles, and book reviews. Submissions should be the original work of their authors and should contribute to the literature. Manuscripts submitted to the Journal should not be previously published or under review elsewhere.
• Çankaya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences commits to the internationally accepted principles of publication ethics expressed in the recommendations of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) https://publicationethics.org.
• Scientific and ethical rules must be adhered to in the design, preparation, production stages of the manuscript, and in the analyses of data and use of materials. The editors, readers, reviewers, and manuscript authors are to adhere to ethical standards, rules, and regulations and take any reasonable steps to prevent their violations. Manuscripts that do not adhere to publication ethics and/or citation conventions or display any form of plagiarism are rejected. All submissions are subjected to originality check on iThenticate program.
• The content and language of manuscripts and any legal liabilities are under the sole responsibility of their authors. All manuscripts sent for publication should meet academic writing conventions and publication ethics. Authors are responsible for their manuscripts. If authors use any material (photograph, drawing, etc.) from other sources, they are responsible for getting the copyrights for these. No royalties are paid to authors, and manuscripts sent for publication cannot be withdrawn.
• Statements of fact and opinion in the articles submitted to the Journal are those of the respective authors and contributors and not of the Editors of Çankaya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences.
• The Journal accepts manuscript submissions in English. For all references to quotations from and for the ideas and concepts taken from other sources, proper citation conventions specified in the Journal guidelines (MLA Style) should be used.
• Çankaya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences welcomes article submissions and does not charge a publication fee. The Journal is published biannually in June and December.
• The copyright of manuscripts published in the Journal belongs to Çankaya University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. It is obligatory to fill in and send the copyright form to the Journal. Copyright is obtained by the written permission from Çankaya Üniversitesi, to whom all requests to reproduce copyright material should be directed, in writing. Works published in the Journal cannot be published elsewhere without the approval of the Editorial Board, or any part/parts of them cannot be reproduced without proper referencing.
• All submissions are examined first by the Editor-in-Chief and the Field Editors, who send the anonymous manuscripts to at least two referees for their evaluation of format and content. If the referees ask for revisions in the manuscript, the manuscript is sent back to its author. The author is responsible for the timely completion of revisions and sending the revised manuscript to the Journal. When necessary, the revised manuscript is re-evaluated by the referees.
• Reviewers, readers, and authors who submit manuscripts should comply with the evaluation and review procedures set out by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Referees are entitled to evaluate the manuscript in a detailed and fair manner and are expected to comply with scientific publication conventions and be objective in their decision. Referees should reject the invitation and inform the Editorial Board in cases which might risk the objectivity of their evaluation such as conflict of interests, prejudice or beliefs that might affect the objectivity of their decision, or if they think the scope of the work does not fall within their area of expertise. Confidentiality is crucial; and referees should pay utmost importance to this in review, revision, and publication procedures. Once the referees accept the invitation to evaluate manuscripts, they declare and undertake the responsibility to submit their reviews in the time allocated. The whole reviewing process is bounded by the provisions set out by the Committee on Publication Ethics (https://publicationethics.org/resources/guidelines-new/cope-ethical-guidelines-peer-reviewers).
• The publication of any submitted manuscript is at the discretion of the Editorial Board. The whole publication process is bounded by the provisions set out by “Üniversitelerarası Kurul Bilimsel Araştırma ve Yayın Etiği Yönergesi” (Interuniversity Board Directive on Scientific Research and Publication Ethics in Turkish).